Total Views!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sending My Love


Instead of my normal advegture blogging, today I’d like to use this platform to reflect on the recent tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. My heart truly goes out to all those affected by the horrible event. While watching The Today Show in the last two days, I couldn’t help but feel the heartbreak along with so much of the nation.
 It is times like this that we should take time remember how truly united we are not only as the peoples of the United States of America, but also as an entire globe of human beings. We are so alike despite all the physical difference in the fact that we are human. All though we deal with pain in all sorts of ways, it is impossible not to feel a sense of hurt after such a horrible tragedy.
Although it is difficult not to be afraid, impossible not to have a sense of worry, it is important that we remain brave. Life will, and must, go on. Instead of becoming fearful of living, we must reflect after tragedies such as this, that show us just how fragile our lives are. We hear so often to live everyday as though it is your last, yet too many times we forget the honesty in that statement.
After watching the tragedy unfold, I’ve come to realize I don’t appreciate the ones I love enough. So, from now on, I will try to, in general, be a better person. A tragedy such as this can and should teach us a valuable life lesson. It has given me an enlightened sense of love for the people in my life.
I’d like to take the time to say thank you to all those who are a part of my life. To The Mom & Dad, who have supported and believed in me since the day I was born. To my extended family who are always a delight to see and who I wish I could see more often. To those who watch over me and my family from heaven, who I think about and miss every day. To Goombah, who has been so much more than my best friend, especially over the past year. To all the friends who I’ve come to know at Minnesota, who I am so excited to get to know better in the years to come. To my friends from home, even those who have become distant and aren’t a significant part of the present time, but will always have a place in my heart and whose memories will always bring a smile to my face. Thank you.

Again, I send my love to all those affected by the Aurora tragedy. As George W. Bush said in his eulogy for the space shuttle Colombia’s Astronauts, “The sorrow is lonely; but you are not alone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment