Total Views!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Go USA! Cupcakes

Inspired by cheering on my favorite team in the 2012 London Olympics, (Team USA, duh.) I decided to make red, white and blue cupcakes for my friends as a tailgating dessert. Because nothing is better than a delicious cupcake before you take the mile hike up to your nosebleed cheap seats! Are those ants playing down there? I don't know but I am sure glad I ate a few cupcakes and veggieburgers before I got up here, it would be a long hike to the concession stand!





GO USA! Cupcakes


The Goods:

1 box white cupcakes
10-15 Strawberries (diced)
1 & 1/2 cup blueberries





The Super-Easy-Yummy&Delicous-Vanilla Frosting:

1 package vanilla pudding
1 container cool whip (thawed)
1 cup cold milk



TO DO:

1. Make cake mix according to box.You can do it. I believe in you. Don't forget to preheat the oven to 350!
2. Add the berries. I didn't really count out how much I put in. Just eyeball it until it looks like you have a good mix of berries to make it really red, white and blue.
3. Bake according to box. My oven took 22 minutes, which was odd because it usually takes a shorter amount of time, but I am thinking the extra moisture of the berries extended the time a bit.
4. While your cupcakes are cooling, start preparing the frosting
5. How do you make the frosting? I'll tell you! You beat the cold milk with the package of pudding for 2 minutes, then fold in the cool whip. 
7. Leave the frosting in your fridge for an hour. Go watch the Olympics while you wait. This is a completely necessary step. Do not skip it.
8. Spread the frosting all up on them cupcakes. Because its a lighter frosting, I added a bit more than I usually do. 
9. If you'd like you can use the extra blueberries and strawberries as a garnish. I made adorable little flowers on a few of my cupcakes. It was a cute touch, if I do say so myself.
10. FEAST. They are very moist cupcakes, and because of the cool-whip frosting and berries, they are very light. So its totally fine if you eat 10 of them in one sitting. The berries make them good for you, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment