Total Views!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Sayonara Heat Wave!

Today is suppose to be the last day of this smothering heat wave. I am hoping the weather-men are correct because this week of extreme heat has been a week of extreme failures for me. To start, I spent 8 hours doing math homework on Monday, because my online assignment was due Monday night at midnight, and I had about a week of work to make up. I did it! And had another 2 hours and 45 minutes to spare. So it ended up not being a major fail, but I nearly had a breakdown in the midst of this math madness fiasco.
 Next fail, I was searching in the fridge for something to munch on, and found the fridge smelling fowl. I decided to reorganize the fridge in my search for whatever was causing the epic stench. I stumbled upon a package of opened veggie dogs that were covered in mold. As I held back my urge to vomit, I threw them out and took the garbage outside to avoid getting the entire kitchen smelling of moldy veggie dogs. Once again, not exactly a failure, but most definitely not a positive moment of my week.
To add to my list of almost failures, this morning I decided I would show the heat wave who is boss and make a green smoothie to cool off. I put a half package of frozen mixed berries, a handful of spinach, and a 1/2 glass of water into the blender. I let the blender roar for a few moments then took a spoonful to taste and found my drink disgustingly bitter and not quite cold enough, I decided to add a cup of ice to cool it more and a few squeezes of honey to sweeten the drink. As you can see by the picture, my smoothie ended up being purple-ish-red-ish brown instead of green, and the taste matched its rather unattractively bland color. I gulped it down, as not to waste the food I had put in it, but I won't be making a duplicate smoothie anytime soon. To end today's blog, I am letting out a big Hooray! for this heat wave being (hopefully) almost over, it will not be missed by me.

1 comment:

  1. We will not miss the heat either... The smoothie looks good, sorry it didn't turn out like you wanted. Enjoyed reading you "almost failures" :)

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete