Luckily, I thought ahead and spent Sunday preparing two delicious veggie lunch options. At work the previous week, I ventured into the vegetarian cookbook section and picked up Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly by Marry Mattare & Wendy Muldawer that had great veggilicious lunch ideas for kids! I picked out Veggie Salad and Where's the Tuna? Salad. I will be posting Where's the Tuna? Salad once I remake it, it was good, but it needs something else before I share it with the world!
1/2 red pepper-diced
1/2 green pepper-diced
1 cup broccoli in small florets
1/8 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 can chickpeas- drained and rinsed
8 oz cooked macaroni (I used rotini)
1 tbls vinegar
3 tlbs low-fat plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
pepper to taste
1. Combine all the veggies, herbs, chickpeas, and cooked pasta.
2. Drizzle oil and vinegar over ingredients. mix well.
3. Plop sour cream or yogurt and mix well again. (You can also put cottage cheese through the food processor and use that in stead of yogurt)
4. Add pepper to taste.
6. Pack in your lunch, or your veggie loving child's lunch.
7. Eat it at lunch. Love it. Refuse to share.