Total Views!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chai Tea Cupcakes

I have a confession to make, I am absolutely obsessed with Chai Tea Lattes. Goombah introduced them to me this year at college, and ever since I've been a true addict. I drink them hot or cold. I buy them at Starbucks, Caribou, Dunn Bros, and even have mix to make them at home. If there is something with chai tea in the name, I will devoured it. That's why, this past week for her birthday I made Goombah these Chai Tea Cupcakes.

Chai Tea Cupcakes
(via the lovely, Betty Crocker)
Makes about 18 cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 box of Betty's French Vanilla cake mix
Water and Eggs according to instructions on mix.
4 tablespoons of the crack-like instant chai tea mix
(side note- I've never experimented with crack or any other drug, but I am sure my addiction to chai tea has sarcastically similar qualities.)
Such a cute touch!

Comes with little cupcake-holder inserts
Frosting:
1 container vanilla frosting
1 cup vanilla baking chips 
(I got mine from Jo Ann Fabrics along with the absolutely adorable cupcake accessories)
Cinnamon (to substitute sprinkles)


 



Instructions:
1. Do everything you would normally do when making cake, preheat oven, make the mix according to the directions on the box. Funny story, I once was baking with a friend and he put 2 cups of water instead of 1 cup + 1/3 cup water. He was looking at the pictures instead of reading the box. If you want cupcakes instead of a sludgy warm mess I suggest you read carefully.
2. Put the chai mix into the cake mix. Yes, it really is that easy.
3. Put them in the oven, bake as directed on the box. 
4. Stay near your kitchen because the aroma from these cupcakes as they are baking in heavenly.
5. Let your cupcakes cool
6. Put the vanilla baking chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them first for 30 seconds. Stir. Then in microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until all of the chips are completely melted. Immediately add frosting to melted chips and stir. Put mixture into either a pastry bag, or if you aren't a fancy-pants baker you can plop the frosting into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and then cut one of the corners off. 
7. Make a cute little swirl of frosting on your cupcake by squeezing the make-shift pastry bag so that the frosting comes out the corner you snipped. I prefer less frosting on my cupcakes, but put as much as you want.
8. Sprinkle a wee little bit of cinnamon on the tops.
9. Smell the cupcakes. They smell almost as good as they taste. 
10. Put my last statement to the test and devour them. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as Goombah and I did!  

No comments:

Post a Comment