Total Views!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Pizza Pizza!

I have had to different vegetable pizzas this week and they were both scrumptious. The first of which was bought at Pick N' Save by The Dad. It was a personal veggie pizza. I made it on the grill due to the fact that we don't have a central air-conditioning system and it's been a hot week! It was cooked to perfection in minutes and was a fantastic dinner for one. I ate it out side on our lawn chairs and read The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards (So far a superb read) as I munched. A perfect solo summer night! 
Tonight, The Mom and I used our fresh basil to make a Margherita Pizza! We bought a pre-made whole grain pizza crust, mozzarella, and marinara sauce and used the fresh tomatoes in our fridge and home-grown basil from our garden. We heated up the grill, and made the mistake of letting the pizza stone heat up a bit too much before we rested the uncooked pizza on top of it. Needless to say, it was quite a crispy first bite! Although it was burnt, it was still so wonderfully fresh and delicious. We ate it up so fast that I forgot to take a picture of it! Shucks! Next time I will make sure we don't burn the pizza and make sure I get a picture! YumYum!

No comments:

Post a Comment