Total Views!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy's Day

Wayne's Drive In!
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there. Especially The One & Only Dad! Today for Father's Day, The Family and I took a trip to The Parentals's home town of Manitowoc, WI for a nice lunch with The Mom's side of the family.  We ate at Charcoal Grill. The family enjoyed the meat-filled brunch buffet, I opted for a stone-fire grill vegetarian pizza - one of the only veggie-friendly things on the menu. It was quite delicious, but I did have to wait at the table alone while they all walked up to the buffet, which was slightly awkward, but nothing I couldn't handle.
 We continued on our Father's Day Fun and ate dessert at The Grandparentals' house; a strawberry pie and a peach pie. So delicious. One of my rules of life: If The Grandma makes it, it's worth eating.
Noods' Pasta Fresca
On the way home we took a detour to avoid construction and ended up in Cedarburg, WI. We took a visit to Wayne's and got milkshakes! I devoured a chocolate-peanut butter shake, it was so scrumptious. I was surprised to find that Wayne's offered a Boca Burger option! It was a place I would take the detour to visit again!
On other Veg-related news, I had the Pasta Fresca at Noodles&Co. with their organic tofu. If you are vegetarian or not, you would like the tofu available at Noods. It has a great flavor and doesn't have the awful texture that some tofu has. Even The Mom tried a piece and deemed it edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment