Total Views!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Truly A Cheese-head Chili

It has been WAY TOO LONG since I have blogged, for that, I apologize! My fall semester was INSANELY crazy, and I was just as busy as I thought I would be, leaving me little time to do anything advegturous, and how many blogs could I have written about the dining hall food? I am starting off 2013 with the promise to myself and my readers that I will blog this semester and go on adventures in Minneapolis and my kitchen.

Yes. That is a Packer Pillow Pet
 AND NOW, the newest advegture occurred because my ALL TIME FAVORITE TEAM, the Green Bay Packers are playing the San Francisco 49ers in their second playoff game of the season tonight! Of course, a cheese-head at heart, I decided to prepare Amy's vegan black bean chili and Annie's organic shells and real aged cheddar. Because you cannot be from Wisconsin and not enjoy chili and mac n' cheese on game day. I wasn't sure what to expect since I have never experienced chili from a can. FACT: I actually used my can opened for the first time and I even opened the can on my first try. Go me!


While awaiting the game to start, which was like waiting for water to boil, I literally waited for water to boil so that I could make the delicious mac n' cheese. I like Annie's because it doesn't have that artificial flavor or color that other boxed mac n' cheese often has. Plus, the real aged cheddar was the perfect cheese-head chili partner. If you are from Wisconsin, you probably love cheese. Its practically in your blood, probably why they call us cheese-heads, which I am perfectly proud of!

The chili was GREAT! I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was full of flavor, but not overly spicy and the beans were a great meat substitute. I did not feel like I was missing out on meat at all. YUM! I will be making this again for the next game, maybe even....THE SUPERBOWL!? (Fact: I couldn't be more excited for the Superbowl. I am a HUGE Beyonce fan! If the Packers make it, I would be SO FREAKING HAPPY.)

Now that my belly is full, I will watch the game! FINALLY!  GO PACK GO!!



No comments:

Post a Comment